Table of Contents
- 1 Why Chiflik Troyan is one of the best spa resorts in Bulgaria?
- 1.0.1 Location of the village of Chiflik, Troyan
- 1.0.2 Pure air and breathtaking nature
- 1.0.3 Climate
- 1.0.4 Best season for holiday: May-November
- 1.0.5 Hot springs in Chiflik, Troyan and their healing powers
- 1.0.6 Main attractions to visit
- 1.0.7 The Museum of Traditional Crafts and Applied Arts in Troyan
- 1.0.8 Interesting information about the village of Chiflik, Troyan
Why Chiflik Troyan is one of the best spa resorts in Bulgaria?
The village of Chiflik is located only 15 km away from the town of Troyan and 175 km (about 2.5 hours from Sofa Airport by car). Chiflik is well connected with Troyan through a regular bus line.
The village of Chiflik is a unique spa resort! The landscape of the region is exceptionally picturesque, of alpine character. Here you may find the magnificent flower edelweiss growing only in this part of the Stara Planina mountain range.
Location of the village of Chiflik, Troyan
The village of Chiflik, Troyan is one of the most beautiful and famous spa resorts in Bulgaria! It is a small village situated in the heart of the Balkan Mountain, at an altitude of 700 m.a.s.l. It is the right combination of beautiful nature and rich architectural fantasy. The village can compete with the best and most exquisite European spa resorts. The landscape of the region is magnificent and picturesque, of alpine character. Here are located the natural relief and biosphere landmarks part of the National Park “Central Balkan” – “Kozia Stena”.
Pure air and breathtaking nature
Know by the locals as Chiflika it offers absolutely pure, clean and healthy mountain air, combined with breathtaking nature. The region is one of the few places in Europe where edelweiss still grows. On its territory inhabited by many species of raptors, deer, wild and boars. There are unique rock formations and ancient beech forests. The inhabitants of the village of Chiflik breed goats and sheep mostly.
The resort offers Olympic size swimming pool with mineral water and beach, many small public places and hotels with own pools and balneology, physiotherapy and SPA facilities. Take advantage of open-air pools of Chiflika even during the coldest winter days.
The climate in Chiflik, Troyan is moderate, planned, with relatively cool summer and snowy winter. Here is the paradise of ancient forests and clean air. The exuberant nature and mineral water geothermal springs offer the opportunity to relax during all seasons.
The average temperature in Chiflik in January is about 0-1 °C. The average temperature in July is about 20-21 °C. This means that the winter is mild and the summer cool.
The swimming pools in the Chiflik are connected with natural mineral waters and have constant temperature water of 34 °C throughout the year, even during the winter. Take advantage of the outdoor and indoor swimming pools and spa facilities in the hotels.
Best season for holiday: May-November
Hot springs in Chiflik, Troyan and their healing powers
There are 9 thermal springs in Chiflik Troyan. It becomes famous as a SPA resort due to the valuable healing qualities of the water. Seven of the springs have a temperature of 50-61 °C, low mineralized and slightly alkaline. The two are non-canal waters, which contributes to the individual treatment of patients. All waters are used for the treatment of many diseases: diseases of the locomotory system, nephron-urological, cardiovascular, endocrine-metabolic, allergic diseases as well as for central and peripheral nervous system disorders.
Main attractions to visit
- Troyan Monastery is one of the largest Bulgarian monasteries, famous for its miraculous icon of St. Mary.
- Plum Festival in Troyan & Oreshak is one of the most attractive and cheerful holidays in Europe. The Plum Festival 2020 will be held on Friday, 18th September until Sunday, 20 September. The production of premium quality plum brandy (rakia) has become a part of the local culture. The plum brandy from Troyan has gained national and international acclaim at major showcases.
- Craft workshops (pottery, ceramics, in Troyan, Oreshak and Apriltsi)
- Krushuna Waterfalls – situated in a scenic forested landscape with abundant caves and other karst formations, the Krushuna Waterfalls impress with their turquoise waters and peaceful natural setting.
- Devetashka cave – it is the region’s largest karst cave and one of the most beautiful of its kind in the world.
- The town of Troyan is famous for its traditional pottery, as a result of the qualities of the local clay soil. Pottery was the main source of income for the local craftsmen. Fine examples of traditional pottery can be seen in the town’s museum. The nearby villages of Oreshak and Apriltsi are also known with their craft workshops of pottery, ceramics, wood-carving and copper.
- Kozya Stena is the smallest reserve in the Central Balkan National Park. Here you can find Stalingrad edelweiss, a variety of raptors and more than 40 endangered plant species.
- The towns of Troyan, Oreshak and Apriltsi are famous with craft workshops of pottery, woodcarving and copper.
The Museum of Traditional Crafts and Applied Arts in Troyan
The museum is one of the most engaging folk-art attractions. It displays a colourful range of traditional pottery, crafts, tools and kukeri costumes (dramatic costumes to dispel evil and invite good). The colours of the kukeri’s costumes are carefully chosen: red prevails, to remind of the revival in nature, the sun and nature’s fertility, black is added to symbolize earth, and white stands for light and water.
- Founded at the end of the 16th century Troyan Monastery is the third largest monastery in Bulgaria. It is famous for its miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary, the Three-handed.
Interesting information about the village of Chiflik, Troyan
Chiflik village written in Cyrillic: село Чифлик
Average annual temperature: 11 °C
Temperature thermal springs: 50-61 °C
Municipality: Troyan municipality
District: Lovech district
Altitude: from 500 to 700
Distance from Sofia Airport: 180 km (approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes by car)
Area Size: 46.738 km2
Population: 290 people (31.11.2019)
Postal Code: 5661
Phone Code: 069613